Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Book 16 - A Touch of Dead

As anyone who reads my blog knows, I am a pretty big fan of True Blood and the Sookie Stackhouse novels. I was looking for a good audio book to listen to and happened upon “A Touch of Dead” which is a collection of five short stories that go along with the SS novels.

There is not really much to say about these, they were amusing but didn’t really add much to the story line of the books with the exception of “One Word Answer” which actually contains important information to the plot of Definitely Dead and in my opinion should be included at the start of that novel as I found it very confusing when I initially read that book.

There is a cute story about Dracula’s birthday, one about a fairy murder, one about an insurance salesman using an unfair advantage, and the aforementioned “One Word Answer” which is about Sookie’s cousin’s murder and estate.

I would recommend this only for serious devotees to the book since it is not really a stand alone short story collection. That being said, I did enjoy it and it filled a bit of the void that I have while waiting for the next edition in the book series.

No comments:

Post a Comment