Friday, May 4, 2012

Book 21 - The Night Circus



If you haven't already read "The Night Circus" by Erin Morgenstern, what are you waiting for? I waited this long because there was a massive waiting list at the library and my book budget is negligible. I had heard quite a lot of good things about this book by other reviewers, but I let myself go in unspoiled as to the specifics and I was glad that I did.

But that's not for everyone, so if you haven't heeded my advice and ran right out to get yourself a copy, then I guess I should tell you a bit more about it, but not too much since it spoils the magic to know too much about it. Basically it is a tale of a mysterious travelling circus, one unlike any that has been seen before. Enchanting and enchanted, the circus travels from town to town unannounced, it just appears like a sort of dream.

It is full of endearing characters, and mysterious ones as well. The descriptive voice is thorough and delightful. My only qualm is that it was so good that I read it too fast and I am sad that it is over. I can't say enough how much I loved it. Just read it! Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment