Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Book 38 - The Wastelands


All I have to say is that I am very glad that I have the next book in the series and I don't have to wait 6 years for the next chapter in this engaging story. "The Wastelands" is the third book in the Dark Tower series by Stephen King. See here for my reviews of the first two books in the series. 



Quite a few years ago I actually heard the audio book version of this tale. I don't know why I thought it would be a good idea to start in the third book of a series but that is how it goes sometimes. In any case, I only remembered portions of the story so it didn't ruin the experience for me. 

I won't summarize the plot, rather I thought I would talk about my general feelings about the series, the characters and so forth. It is hard to write about a series because it is really a part of a bigger picture, more like chapters of an immense book. 

Overall I am enjoying this series, I don't love it but I am getting there. I do love the characters, but the pace is a bit slow for me to really get into it. I did find myself counting down the pages (the next one is over 600). But towards the end of this book, the pace started to pick up more and I am excited to see what happens next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment