Saturday, October 13, 2012

Book 40 + 41 - Catching Fire + Mocking Jay

So I have been unable to complete these reviews for a few reasons, I am going through a rough time personally and I just haven't been able to get them typed up so I decided to combine them into one and just say a few things about how I felt about these two books.

I think most people have either read these books or if they haven't then they shouldn't read reviews since I don't like spoilers. But to each his own so if you want to read on then you might get spoiled. I am not going to do a plot summary or anything but as I type on who knows what will come out.




I really enjoyed both of these books. One of the best parts was being able to share my excitement with my coworker who lent me the last book. These books won't change your life, but they were sure entertaining to me. I am looking forward to seeing the movie versions as well.

Catching Fire was a lot like the first book in some ways, but they threw in a big curve ball that made it quite exciting. I really enjoyed the new characters and scenarios that they put them in. The love triangle continues, it is a young adult novel really so that is no surprise. There is a big part of me inside that is just a teenage girl that loves a good doomed romance so it was right up my alley. Part of me wishes that these books were written about a bit older people so it could have been a bit steamier, but it is what it is.

Mockingjay was quite a lot different from the first two, but I liked the direction that they took them in. I really enjoyed the ambiguity of who the enemy really is supposed to be. The battles, the heartbreak and the ending, just all great entertainment for me.

2 comments:

  1. hmm, all 3 should have been on the Nook! weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first two were but I couldn't find Mockingjay on there, but I managed to get it and figured out how to put it on the nook even ;)

    ReplyDelete